Thursday 7 November 2013

Thank you Jesus for your Word!

When thinking about how thankful I am about my life.  I found myself also thinking of my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ that we serve in Uganda. What is the one thing that has impacted my life and also them?  My soul is shouting God's precious word, the Bible.  God's presence is with us and the Holy Spirit to make the word come alive.  God is welcoming us in his arms and the words he ordained can speak to us.



 The precious words of
Isaiah 58:9 - "Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I."
John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
Matthew 28:19-20 - "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.  And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."


There are many words in the Bible that God has used to draw us to seek Him, grow closer in communion with Him, and cry out to Him in our times of trails.  So Thank you Jesus for your Word that called my heart to kneel at an alter 15 years ago seeking your forgiveness, grace, and love forevermore.


Our brothers and sisters in Uganda are searching for God, just as I did 15 years ago.  They are hungry to hear and read the word.  Not all our able to have their own bible.  The women here share this bible during a service.  It is written in their native language. This church is in the heart of tea fields outside of the Kampala area.

Even the children our eager to see and read the word!  The Ugandan people I found were eager for the word of God.  When visiting another church the pastor even asked me to read my New International Version of scripture, so the congregation could hear the words spoken in another translation.  How precious it is to share a scripture and word of encouragement to help them on their journey of growing in Christ. So tell us what scripture are you thanking Jesus for today!



No comments:

Post a Comment